In this webinar Anthony Collins Solicitors will provide an update on recent developments in charity law including issues affecting the charity sector because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The speakers, who specialise in faith-based charity governance, will cover current topics for Christian organisations, as well as general legal and regulatory changes affecting the sector over the last year.
The round-up of legal developments in the sector will include:
- Developments in recent case law including the Kids Company and CIFF judgments
- The refreshed Charity Governance Code
- Future changes to charity governance anticipated by the Government’s response to the Law Commission Report “Technical Issues in Charity Law”
- The Charity Commission’s current regulatory approach
- Current serious incident reporting requirements for trustees, including recent updated guidance on reporting serious incidents involving partner organisations or arising from COVID-19
- The event starts at 10:00am (waiting room open from 9:45am) and finishes at 12 noon.
- You will receive the invitation and password for the webinar in the confirmation email upon booking - please keep an eye on your emails (including your spam or junk mail folders). A reminder will be sent out by 5pm on Tuesday 4th May.
- The cost is £15 for individuals and £35 for organisations if they are from GC and MAP member agencies and churches. The cost for non-members is £45 for individuals and £105 for organisations. If you are not sure if your church or organisation is a member of GC or MAP, please check with them to confirm or see if they feature on our List of Members page.
- Organisation tickets: multiple people from the same organisation can attend on an organisation ticket. Once you have paid for the organisation ticket and booked the first person in, we will contact you directly with a specific promo code to give to others in your organisation to book their places free of charge.
By registering, you are giving Global Connections permission to send you information and details relating to this specific event. We send communications via Mailchimp and Eventbrite and you can update your preferences and unsubscribe at any time. You can read our Privacy Notice here. Please note that if you unsubscribe prior to the event you may miss crucial information relating to the event itself.