There are over 1 million people from a Hindu ethne (“Hethne”) background in the UK. Yet in contrast to the many conferences, books, and organisations dedicated to work amongst Muslims, there is relatively little Christian activity with and amongst Hethne people. The Hethne movement seeks to network individuals, churches and organisations together to share stories, resources, discuss issues and challenges, and most importantly to pray for one another and for the Hindus in our nation and around the world.
Together we will:
- Hear what God is doing around the UK amongst Hethne, what are the fruitful practices, and what are the gaps and opportunities for us?
- Share what resources have been helpful (or unhelpful!) and identify if there are resources gaps that we could respond to
- Discuss the role of the church (including diaspora-led churches) in the UK with engagement with Hethne
- Networking and explore how we might connect and collaborate more with one another and others not represented
- Have opportunity for different streams: eg interfaith dialogue, discipling new believers from Hethne background, multicultural vs monocultural church, contextualisation
- Explore how our conversation may inform the international Hethne Global Congress in October 2020 (in Thailand)
- Discuss how we would like to continue to connect and collaborate for ministry amongst Hethne in the UK
Registration and refreshments will begin at 10am, with the event closing at 4.00pm.
A hot Indian lunch will be provided.
This event is brought to you by Global Connections, Interserve GBI,
and the South Asian Forum of the Evangelical Alliance