The law affects us all, so keeping up to date is vital. Mental health concerns affect many of us directly and all of us indirectly.
These two important areas that impact all HR work and processes will be our focus for the day.
The event will be split into two halves to cover both of these areas, and will seek to address, amongst other things:
- Employment status - why is it so important to attach the correct status to our mission workers and how do we do so? We will learn from examples in recent case history.
- Managing mental health in organisations – what are the legal issues we need to be aware of?
- GDPR and HR, Brexit and HR – what is the impact or potential impact?
- Other legal updates.
- How can we as HR practitioners promote good mental health at work and provide support for those mission workers who are experiencing mental ill health such as anxiety or depression?
- What do we need to know to feel confident and competent to have a ‘mental health’ conversation with a mission worker?
- How do we manage performance, and what policies and procedures do we need to have in place to tackle this issue well?
- How do we balance care for the individual and organisation performance?
- How might mental ill-health affect different parts of the recruitment cycle and when might a mental health issue become a barrier to sending someone overseas?
Our speakers are Matthew Wort (Anthony Collins Solicitors) and Graham Fawcett (Thrive Worldwide).
The cost is £20 to people from GC member agencies and churches. Cost for non GC members is £50. Refreshments and lunch are included in the price. The event starts at 11.00am (refreshments from 10.30am) and finishes at 4.00pm.