This webinar, brought to you by thirtyone:eight and Mission Action Partnership, will cover current safeguarding practices in a missional context. It's aimed at leaders and trustees of organisations and will be delivered primarily within the Northern Irish cultural and legislative context. Members of Global Connections may also join this webinar and thirtyone:eight will also be able to signpost you to the relevant context for the jurisdiction in which you live, e.g. the Charity Commission (England and Wales)/ Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (Scotland) etc.
The webinar will cover the following areas in relation to safeguarding:
- safeguarding as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- safeguarding in the international context (including differences between home and host nations)
- safeguarding within different cultural contexts
- culture mapping and how this can benefit an organisation
- safeguarding foreign nationals who now reside in NI (or UK) for whom culture creates a barrier
- learning from thirtyone:eight's recent research on safeguarding in the international context
Please note: this training will cover safeguarding practices in relation to many different vulnerable groups, not just young people.
- The event starts at 10.00am, but please start 'arriving' from 9:45am so we can admit everyone in time for a prompt 10:00am start.
- The Zoom ID and password for the webinar will be included in your booking confrimation receipt received by email. Please keep an eye on your junk mail if your do not receive this email shortly after booking. A reminder email containing the event and Zoom details will also be sent out by 5pm on Tuesday 1st December. Any concerns, please contact Tim Parks.
Booking is essential
This webinar is £10 for those from Global Connections or MAP member agencies and churches, and £30 for those from non-member organisations. If you are not sure if your church or organisation is a member of MAP or GC, please check with them to confirm or see if they feature in MAP's member directory or on GC's List of Members page.