Rydal Hall is a unique venue that is open to all, regardless of faith and background; we welcome guests and visitors to all that we offer. We have a Hall with 30 bedrooms the majority of which are ensuite, various meeting rooms and quiet spaces and a bar to unwind in, listed well-preserved gardens, a camping site with an unspoiled back-to-nature feel, Glamping, Self-catering cottages, a bunkhouse which sleeps 28 with great facilities for those groups who want to cater for themselves.
The Tea Shop which is open all year and often a stopping point for those who have come to visit Rydal or are passing through on the many walks. So, all in all, it is a unique platform for us to engage with our visitors and guests to transform and raise a sense of consciousness and awareness of Rydal.
To be the first point of contact in person or on the telephone and provide a happy, courteous and efficient 'front' to Rydal Hall. Take responsibility for ensuring a smooth check-in for guests and providing an introduction to Rydal's key features and facilities. In addition, the reception team take reservations and manages guestroom allocations with customers on the phone and by email, ensuring any guests' needs are taken care of to the standards of Rydal Hall.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs per week. Five-day working week to include varied shifts weekends, evenings and days.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Welcome and greet guests. Answer and direct incoming telephone calls.
* Make yourself familiar with the different types of rates and services of Rydal.
* Make and confirm reservations for guests ensuring accurate room allocation.
* Register and check guests in, as well as authorizing and verifying guests' payments.
* Confirm relevant guest information as well as issue room keys and direct guests to their rooms.
* Maintain clear and accurate records of guest room bookings.
* Listen and respond to guest queries and requests both in-person and by phone.
* Provide accurate information about local attractions and services.
* Liaise with necessary staff, including kitchen, front of house, housekeeping and maintenance, to address any problems or complaints made by guests.
* Complete and maintain any incident reports, daily activity reports or other reports requested by management.
* Manage conference room bookings and scheduling.
* Close guest and group accounts and check guests out.
* Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out process and process accurate payment of guests' accounts.
* Inform housekeeping when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
* Enforce rules and policies of Rydal Hall.
* Maintain a neat and orderly front desk and reception area.
Skills and Experienced Required:
* A friendly and welcoming approach.
* Ability to remain calm during difficult situations and handle the situations with sensitiveness and with safety in mind.
* The ability to work unsupervised.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
* Familiarity with online booking and epos system.
* Numeracy skills & administrative skills.
Skills and Experience (Desirable):
* Previous Hospitality experience.
* Previous experience of Epos and Guestline booking system.