St Pauls Oadby are seeking to recruit a
Intercultural Pioneer Minister
(Lay or Ordained)
We are looking for an interculturally literate individual to join our ministry team and play a key role in helping us develop as an Intercultural Worshipping Community (IWC). IWCs are missional church communities where people from different cultural and ethnic heritage deliberately interact with one another in order to deepen their understanding and experience of God and each other.
- St Paul’s is a vibrant church in the open-evangelical tradition, and serving the community of Oadby east of the A6. The Intercultural Pioneer will play a full part in the worshipping life of the church, building on the existing green shoots of intercultural mission and ministry within the parish. This is a 3-year, fixed term, employed post to help us at this key stage in our journey.
- If you:
- have a passion for intercultural mission and share our vision of growing a culturally and ethnically diverse church
- are able to help others grow in their vocation and discipleship
- have experience of working cross culturally
- then we would love to hear from you. This role is part of our active strategy to reflect better the communities which our parish and the wider Diocese serves.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Revd Steve Bailey, (Rector of St Pauls Oadby): email@example.com, Jessie Tang (Intercultural Ministry Director): Jessie.Tang@leicestercofe.org or 07535 469301 or the Archdeacon of Leicester:
Ven. Richard Worsfold 0116 261 5319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms and parish profile are available from:
Mrs Dinta Chauhan, St Martins House, 7 Peacock Lane, Leicester LE1 5PZ
Tel: 07983 211309 Email: Dinta.Chauhan@leicestercofe.org
or view the details on the Web: www.leicester.anglican.org/job-vacancies
Closing date for applications: 6th October noon
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure, there is an Occupational Requirement for the appointed person to be a Christian.