Organisation: The Christian Mountain Centre (CMC Adventure)
Location: Llanbedr Gwynedd Y Eryri (Snowdonia National Park), Wales
Holiday: 32 Days (Including Bank Holidays)
The Christian Mountain Centre is situated near Llanbedr in breathtaking Y Eryri (Snowdonia National Park) and is seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Instructor to join our team. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development and delivery of outdoor education programmes, oversee a dedicated instructional team, and facilitate staff training. This post is a senior staff leadership post within CMC. If you possess strong leadership skills, a passion for outdoor activities, are keen to share your Christian faith through exploring the natural world and can inspire others, we encourage you to apply. The post will require some evening and weekend work and will be subject to seasonal variation regarding hours. It is also subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Develop comprehensive and engaging outdoor education programmes for a diverse range of participants.
- Manage, lead, and support the instructional team, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Deliver effective training sessions to enhance the skills and knowledge of staff members.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants and staff during outdoor activities.
- Maintain and update equipment, facilities, and resources to meet the highest safety standards.
- Foster strong relationships with participants, their families, and the local community to promote the Centre's mission and values.
- Oversee administrative tasks, scheduling, training records, equipment safety checks and report generation.
- Take a fully active key role in the Christian Ministry of the centre and in the development of opportunities to share the Christian faith.
- As a minimum we require the following NGB qualifications Mountain Leader (Summer), Rock Climbing Instructor. A paddle-sport leader or Instructor qualification or the willingness to gain qualifications in this area. In addition to this a D1 minibus license. (Training would be available for the right candidate). The ability to deliver staff training to National Governing Body standards is essential.
- A higher-level award i.e., Rock Climbing Development Instructor, Sea Kayak Coach or RYA Senior Instructor would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing outdoor education programmes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor a team. Experience of serving on a Christian team. This could be in a voluntary capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage team members, resources, and schedules effectively.
- This role is subject to a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that the successful applicant is a Christian who is committed to the values, beliefs and behaviours set out in our statement of faith and in promoting a positive working environment within a Christian community.
Please submit a cover letter, a detailed CV, and any relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2024. Interviews at mutually agreeable times. Start date as soon after appointment as is practical. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.