We are looking for a General Practitioner with an interest in internal medicine to join the team at the Guinebor II hospital in Chad.
About the role:
The General Practitioner (MRCP) will work alongside a team of Chadian doctors and nurses. This role involves:
- Direct patient care
- Health service development and staff formation
- Inpatient, outpatient and emergency settings
- A strong focus on the care of patients
- Contribution to medical care of surgery patients.
- Experience and skills required for this role are:
- Experience of working in highly challenging environments and with very poor healthcare outcome indicators
- Highly levels of resilience and commitment to serving poor populations of patients
- Humility and willingness to learn and adapt
- Willingness to live on-site at the hospital (accommodation provided)
- Experience in balancing patients’ demands and care with personal/family demands
- French and Chadian Arabic languages competencies are essential (pre-service language training could be discussed)
Desirable: experience in paediatrics, obstetrics and tropical medicine
Guinebor 2 Hospital is considered to be one of the best hospitals in N’djamena and attracts patients from a wide area. It is a registered NGO in Chad and a Non Profit Organisation (NPO). Its key medical statistics per year are 14,000 outpatients, 2,000 inpatients, 1,300 operations, and 1,800 births.
About the BMS long-term programme:
Serving on our long-term programme for two years or more, you’ll receive an annual salary, regular pastoral support from our experienced UK team, annual flights to and from the UK for home assignments, and extensive training including in the area of security and risk management.