The ESL teacher for Corrientes teaches English to Latin missionary candidates to help prepare them for bi-vocational missionary service around the world. Often English is the common language for the multi-national teams serving together.
Do you have:
- A passion for raising up Latin America missionaries to serve among the unreached
- A desire to use your English as a Second Language skills to help prepare Latin American Christians for the field
- A willingness to work on a multi-national team
- The ability and desire to live and work in Ecuador
- Native English language skills
- Proficiency in Spanish language skills
- A tolerance for uncertainty
- The ability and desire to go to the field soon (preferably within 1 year), including time to raise your missionary support and/or be self-funded
- Willingness to complete the minimum training
Corrientes is a missionary training programme operated by Voz y Manos – Ecuador, a ministry partner of Reach Beyond. Located in Quito, Ecuador, Corrientes provides individualised mentoring and equipping for Latin Americans who are called to national and cross-cultural missions work. We urgently need a dedicated ESL teacher whose first language is English and is eager to teach English language acquisition to these Latin American missionary candidates. Many of them will be working with international teams or serving in countries where the national language is only taught through English, so learning English is vital to their missionary preparation.
An ideal ESL teacher would have a degree in ESL or a TESOL certificate, teaching experience, cross-cultural experience and some proficiency in Spanish. Service could be either short-term or long-term.
All candidates must be able to sign our Statement of Faith.