WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1971, Abernethy is a ministry that combines outdoor activity, residential experience and Christian team witness. Adventure is at the heart of Abernethy, and we love seeing people gain confidence and grow through being in the outdoors.
The team at Abernethy are all Christians. We are passionate about the outdoors, community, hospitality and witness. We are motivated by our belief in a good and generous God who created an incredible natural world which, through its very existence, shouts His praise. We believe that every person is unique, valuable and deeply loved by the creator God.
- Prepare food, serve meals and assist with kitchen duties as required by Catering Manager.
- Organise and operate the servery and wash-up in an efficient manner in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensure that the Dining Room, Servery and Kitchen are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that coffee break and lunchtime arrangements are made to provide for staff.
- To maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and food hygiene in the kitchen.
- Keep up to date with the paperwork and record keeping associated with catering.
- Have a working knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and COSHH.
- Assist in ensuring that the house and other areas are clean, tidy and that rooms are prepared for guests arriving.
- It is a genuine occupational requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith.
- As part of our commitment to safeguarding, the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
Experience in working in a kitchen or house team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided.
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum, inclusive of bank holidays)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment.
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work.
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian community in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Weekly Team Fellowship on a Wednesday evening
- Very favourable rates for family on most Abernethy holidays and camps
- Participation in our annual 3-day Team Gathering
- Easy access to the local area including the Cairngorm Mountains, River Spey and the Moray coast - a fantastic outdoor playground!