We are looking for a Paediatrician to join the team at the Guinebor II hospital in Chad.
About the role:
Overall job purpose: The paediatrician will work alongside the Guinebor II Hospital Team Chadian Doctors and nurses. The scope of work involves children of all ages including neonates across inpatient wards, outpatient clinics and the emergency department. A significant aspect of the role would be contributing towards staff training as well as the development of context specific management protocols. Experience in low resource and tropical contexts would be of great value. We are excited to see the hospital’s childhood development centre receiving increasing number of referrals for children with autism, cerebral palsy, and disabilities.
Experience and skills required for this role are:
- Experience of working in highly challenging environments and with very poor healthcare outcome indicators
- Highly levels of resilience and commitment to serving poor populations of patients
- Humility and willingness to learn and adapt
- Willingness to live on-site at the hospital (accommodation provided)
- Experience in balancing patients’ demands and care with personal/family demands
- French and Chadian Arabic languages competencies are essential (pre-service language training could be discussed)
Desirable: Experience in paediatrics to MRCPaeds or equivalent. Specific experience of treating children with conditions such as autism and cerebral palsy
Guinebor 2 Hospital is considered to be one of the best hospitals in N’djamena and attracts patients from a wide area. It is a registered NGO in Chad and a Non Profit Organisation (NPO). Its key medical statistics per year are 14,000 outpatients, 2,000 inpatients, 1,300 operations, and 1,800 births.
About the BMS long-term programme:
Serving on our long-term programme for two years or more, you’ll receive an annual salary, regular pastoral support from our experienced UK team, annual flights to and from the UK for home assignments, and extensive training including in the area of security and risk management.