This role, based near the Chadian
capital N’djamena, offers the opportunity to make a real difference in a
country of great medical need.
Both short-term and long-term placements
are available. For long-term medical staff a willingness to learn French
is vital. You will need to be fully qualified with post-graduate
qualifications and able to lead a surgical team in a busy hospital.
- Provide surgical capacity to the theatre/OR team in accordance with their surgical specialty
- Work in surgical outpatient clinic, assessing potential patients for surgery and doing pre-op work-up
- Carry out surgical procedures as per personal competence
- Manage/review post-op patients on the wards in conjunction with Chadian Doctors
- Work in conjunction with the rest of the surgical team in the outpatient clinic, on the wards and in the theatres/ORs
- Communicate any thoughts on service improvement with the senior management team (SMT)
Serving with BMS
Serving on our long-term programme for two years or more, you’ll
receive an annual salary, regular pastoral support from our experienced
UK team, annual flights to and from the UK for home assignments, and
If serving as a volunteer, you’ll serve in this role for three months
to two years. All volunteer positions with BMS are self-funded. BMS
provides training prior to overseas service, which includes security and
risk management orientation. While in service, you will be supported by
our experienced UK-based team.
Guinebor 2 Hospital is considered to be one of the best hospitals in
N’djamena and attracts patients from a wide area. It is a registered NGO
in Chad and a Non Profit Organisation (NPO). Its key medical statistics
per year are 14,000 outpatients, 2,000 inpatients, 1,300 operations,
and 1,800 births.
For more information about the work of BMS World Mission in Chad click here.
To apply click ‘get in touch’ and complete the form. A member of our team will contact you to discuss next steps.