This role, based near the Chadian
capital N’djamena, offers the opportunity to make a real difference in a
country of great medical need.
- Shadow Chadian ultrasound technician and observe the service they currently provide
- Communicate thoughts and findings with senior management team (SMT)
- In collaboration with the SMT, give on-the-job training to Chadian
ultrasound technician on how to improve the service they provide.
- An undergraduate level degree.
- A knowledge of French would be beneficial, although translators are available if not.
Serving with BMS
This role forms part of our volunteer programme and would last from
three months to two years. All volunteer positions with BMS are
self-funded. BMS provides training prior to overseas service, which
includes security and risk management orientation. While in service, you
will be supported by our experienced UK-based team.
Guinebor 2 Hospital is considered to be one of the best hospitals in
N’djamena and attracts patients from a wide area. It is a registered NGO
in Chad and a Non Profit Organisation (NPO). Its key medical statistics
per year are 14,000 outpatients, 2,000 inpatients, 1,300 operations,
and 1,800 births.
For more information about the work of BMS World Mission in Chad click here.