Network associate status is open to all organisations that fit in one of the following categories:
- Connected organisations which support the Objects and agree to work within the Statement of Faith and Basis of Cooperation
- Affiliate organisations not registered in the UK but which have transferable credentials from their country of origin and have staff who reside in the UK for purposes of ministry and training
- Organisations not registered as charities e.g. support ministries who do not fulfil membership criteria
1. Connect with network members through the Global Connections and MAP Networking Hub (launching soon)
Through network associate status you will have involvement with over 300 groups involved directly in mission work, both in the UK and the rest of the world. You will be able to connect with members through the Global Connections and MAP Networking Hub (launching soon). This member-exclusive Networking Hub is a secure, digital platform for members to directly connect with one another, share knowledge, resources and news, and continue conversations and learning between events in a digital space.
2. Access to networking events with specialist content
We provide unique networking opportunities with others who are involved in mission. As well as running a range of forum events throughout the year, we also host one-off events exploring current topics and issues. Members attend at greatly discounted prices.
3. Exploring the future of mission with like-minded people
One-off events focusing specifically on exploring the future of mission offer members the opportunity to input observations and solutions so that together we can ask and answer some key questions, identify lessons, and begin to work on an appropriate response.
4. Find your future employees, volunteers and mission partners by taking advantage of discounted promotion opportunities with Christian Vocations
With support from Christian Vocations (a ministry of Global Connections) network members can advertise UK jobs, voluntary positions and training programmes, as well as short-term and longer-term international opportunities all at a discounted price. Christian Vocations can help you reach potential staff and volunteers through their email job alerts, dedicated jobs and opportunities website, and by regularly promoting opportunities on social media.
5. Enjoy access to lower cost and bespoke insurance options, including for overseas workers
The Global Connections Group Scheme is available for members at a very reasonable price and offers annual worldwide (excluding USA) private medical cover with Talent Trust Consultants(link is external). This scheme is particularly helpful for long-term mission partners who might not be eligible for free access to the NHS in England when visiting the UK. We have also partnered with Banner Financial Services Group Ltd to negotiate special travel and health insurance schemes, and a unique Group Life Insurance scheme with especially favourable terms for overseas workers.
6. Exclusive access to the highly competitive Global Connections pension scheme
Members will have access to two exclusive pension schemes: a pension plan for UK based staff operated by Scottish Widows and an international savings plan for overseas workers operated by Zurich Insurance (International).
Greater than £5m
£2m to £5m
£1m to £2m
£500,000 to £1m
£250,000 to £500,000
£100,000 to £250,000
Global Connections brings together many different agencies with a diversity of ways of working. That diversity is often a reflection of different historical backgrounds, church affiliations and functions.
It is also reflected in the way in which an agency handles its financial affairs. For example, some make public appeals, others do not. Some pool all of their income, others have developed a highly personalised system of support for their missionaries. Some spend most of their income on projects, others on people.
To try to be fair to all, we have devised the following guidelines for calculating your contributions. Please base your calculations on your latest audited or examined annual accounts. Contact us if you need further guidance.
Income which should be included:
- Donation Income, including gifts for the support of personnel and ongoing projects
- Income directly related to the activities of the charity
- Investment income and interest
Income which should be excluded:
- Gifts towards one off capital projects of a non-routine nature
- Gifts with a specific restriction of a non-regular type;
- Gifts which are of an unusually large amount which distort the income trend
All members must understand that the Basis of Faith and Cooperation underpins the Global Connections network. They must also agree to pay the annual subscription. There is a membership fee estimator tool in the right-hand column of this page.
Please complete the online application form below or download, print off and complete the network associate application pack and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Global Connections, Caswell Road, Leamington Spa CV31 1QD.
Your application will be processed as quickly as possible at which point we will contact you. The trustees reserve the right not to accept a network associate application or to remove an associate if they deem it to be in the best interests of the network.