Network associate status is open to all organisations that fit in one of the following categories:
- Connected organisations which support the Objects and agree to work within the Statement of Faith and Basis of Cooperation
- Affiliate organisations not registered in the UK but which have transferable credentials from their country of origin and have staff who reside in the UK for purposes of ministry and training
- Organisations not registered as charities e.g. support ministries who do not fulfil membership criteria
1. Involvement with members
Through network associate status you will have involvement with over 300 groups involved directly in mission work, both in the UK and the rest of the world.
2. Forums and events
Throughout the year there is a variety of events and forums, covering a vast range of topics and issues. There is probably one that fits you (you may even have expert knowledge to lead one). Members attend at greatly discounted prices.
3. Exploring the future of mission with like-minded people
What are the key issues in mission? What does the future hold? The network provides opportunities to think about key issues and reflect theologically.
4. Christian Vocations
Needing someone to fill a specific role? Advertise with Christian Vocations at a discounted price. There are also special rates for advertisements in iServe and the Serve Short-Term publications that both enjoy a wide circulation. Further services include Options Coaching where vocational advice and resources to help you find your niche are provided.
5. Insurances and Group Life Cover
Through our partnerships we have negotiated some special insurance programs for our members. These have been selected based on terms that are favourable for overseas workers.
- Banner Financial Services - providers of specific travel insurance to mission and aid workers
- Talent Trust Consultants for international medical insurance
- MasterPolicy for group life insurance
Global Connections provides access to group personal pension schemes both for UK staff and for mission partners overseas. The schemes are with Zurich Assurance and are administered by Independent Financial Advisers, Succession Group Ltd.
Greater than £5m
£2m to £5m
£1m to £2m
£500,000 to £1m
£250,000 to £500,000
£100,000 to £250,000
Global Connections brings together many different agencies with a diversity of ways of working. That diversity is often a reflection of different historical backgrounds, church affiliations and functions.
It is also reflected in the way in which an agency handles its financial affairs. For example, some make public appeals, others do not. Some pool all of their income, others have developed a highly personalised system of support for their missionaries. Some spend most of their income on projects, others on people.
To try to be fair to all, we have devised the following guidelines for calculating your contributions. Please base your calculations on your latest audited or examined annual accounts. Contact us if you need further guidance.
Income which should be included:
- Donation Income, including gifts for the support of personnel and ongoing projects
- Income directly related to the activities of the charity
- Investment income and interest
Income which should be excluded:
- Gifts towards one off capital projects of a non-routine nature
- Gifts with a specific restriction of a non-regular type;
- Gifts which are of an unusually large amount which distort the income trend
All members must understand that the Basis of Faith and Cooperation underpins the Global Connections network. They must also agree to pay the annual subscription. There is a membership fee estimator tool in the right-hand column of this page.
Please complete the online application form below or download, print off and complete the network associate application pack and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Global Connections, Caswell Road, Leamington Spa CV31 1QD.
Your application will be processed as quickly as possible at which point we will contact you. The trustees reserve the right not to accept a network associate application or to remove an associate if they deem it to be in the best interests of the network.