Every organisation or church has its own ‘culture’ - its own personality and character. A ‘way things are done around here’.
Organisational Culture is made up of the shared values, beliefs and assumptions about how people should behave and interact, how decisions should be made, how work activities should be carried out, and the unwritten rules that influence individual and group behaviour and attitudes.
This virtual event will help participants to identify their own organisational culture and to consider the impact of this culture on staff engagement, performance and turnover rate.
You will learn:
- How to identify and prioritise what needs to change
- The role HR can play in organisational culture change
- Understanding the key factors in successful change
- How you can measure culture change
This training will be applicable to any church or organisation and we will be mindful of organisations with a UK central office and remote workers/ mission personnel overseas.
Using a mixture of input and reflective exercises, sharing stories and posing questions, by the end of the session you will have:
- Strengthened your understanding of organisational culture
- Considered the role of HR in organisational culture change
- Explored how to create opportunities for organisational culture change
- Benefited from shared experience and expertise
- Practiced using some tools
Heather Drury is Director of People and Culture at BMS World Mission. She has a background in change management and strategic planning, having worked in the charity sector for over 20 years.
This event starts at 10:00am (waiting room open from 9:50am) and finishes at 12:00pm. It will be speaker led with opportunities to brainstorm in smaller groups in breakout rooms.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
Simply click the button below to book your place and fill in the form as usual. The cost is £15 for those from GC and MAP member agencies and churches, and £35 for those from non-member organisations.
If you make a group booking (minimum of 3 people in the same organisation, maximum of 10), you'll save 33% on every ticket in that booking.
Please note: bookings will close at 5pm on Wednesday 15th November.