The Christian Mountain Centre is situated near Llanbedr in the breathtaking Y Eryri (Snowdonia National Park) and is seeking dynamic and experienced Instructors to join our team. One of the key roles within any outdoor centre is that you will be responsible for ensuring that activities are safe, educational and fun. You will also be responsible for the supervision of trainee instructors and take part in their training and development. If you possess a passion for outdoor activities, are keen to share your Christian faith through exploring the natural world and have the ability to inspire young people and adults to achieve more than they believe they can, we encourage you to apply. The post will require some evening and weekend work and will be subject to seasonal variation regarding hours.
- Deliver comprehensive and engaging outdoor education programmes for a diverse range of participants.
- Support the trainee instructional team, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment.
- As experience and qualifications allow, take part in the delivery of staff training.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants and colleagues during outdoor activities.
- Assist the Chief Instructor in maintaining equipment, facilities, and resources to meet the highest safety and quality standards.
- Take a fully active key role in the Christian Ministry of the centre and in the development of opportunities to share the Christian faith.
- As a minimum we require 2 of the following NGB qualifications; Mountain Leader (Summer), Rock Climbing Instructor, Paddle-sport Instructor or Paddle-sport Leader Award. In addition to this, a D1 minibus license. (Additional training will be offered to the right candidate).
- Proven experience in taking full responsibility for the delivery of outdoor sessions in remote areas.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to instruct groups from a variety of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, ideally with experience of working within a Christian team.
- This role is subject to a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that the successful applicant is a Christian who is committed to the values, beliefs and behaviours set out in our statement of faith and in promoting a positive working environment within a Christian community.
For an informal conversation please call 01341 241646 to speak with the Centre Director.
To Apply please submit a cover letter, a detailed CV, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2023. Interviews at mutually agreeable times. Start date as soon as possible in 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.